We have a new course Value Methodology that is being administered by VMS - Value Management Strategies.
This exciting and innovative course has been
designed to provide individuals with a fundamental understanding of
Value Methodology, which is more commonly known as Value Engineering.
Value Methodology (VM) is a practical body of knowledge that provides a
proven means for improving the value of projects, products, and services
by focusing on functions and their relationship with cost, performance,
time and risk. This course utilizes the latest in internet technology
to provide a truly interactive learning experience. Participants will
be exposed to the theory, concepts and techniques of VM through
narration, animation, quizzes and interactive exercises.
At the conclusion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Accurately use the terminology of VM to describe and define Value
Methodology (i.e., Value Engineering), its uses, benefits, and
- Demonstrate an understanding of the history, development, and tools of Value Methodology.
- Explain in detail the key concepts of value, cost, performance,
time and risk; identify how these concepts affect projects in their
area of expertise; apply techniques to define and improve the value of
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Value Methodology Job Plan.
- Use VM’s technical tools and techniques applicable to each of the above stages. These include:
- Function Analysis and FAST Diagramming
- Communications and facilitation techniques for multi-disciplinary teams
- Creativity and evaluation techniques
- Alternative development and analysis
- Presentation techniques
The course consists of 15 lessons of up to 2 hours each. Try out the modern technology of our course.
Click to view the E-Learning Demo
- $350. Group discounts are available – please contact MVF for details.
Pay by Credit Card - Send an e-mail to our Treasurer, Jim Vickers (Jim@jrvickers.com), with your name, full address, credit card type and number, or -
Pay by Check - Make payable to the Miles Value Foundation and send to: James R. Vickers, 3358 Bear Spring Trail, Tucson, AZ 85745-4163
Upon receipt of payment, the Foundation will register you with VMS,
our course administrator, who will send you the access information and
password to take the course. You have 60 days to complete the
course and receive your completion certificate.
This is a collection of audio visual material that the Miles Value Foundation has made available for public use. Professors teaching VA/VE techniques in their courses, students and instructors worldwide are invited to use this material as part of their training. Click here to launch iTunesU.